Kids Physiotherapy have physiotherapists experienced with managing common kids’ orthopaedic conditions and injuries to joints, bones and muscles. More specifically, we can help your child recover from a variety of conditions and injuries including;
- Ligament sprains
- Muscular strains
- Bone fractures
- Joint dislocations
- Overuse injuries
- Perthes’ Disease
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH)
- Post orthopaedic surgery
- Growth plate injuries (eg Sever’s Disease, Osgood Schlatter’s Disease)
- Scoliosis (curvature of the spine)
- Kids Arthritis (eg Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis)
- Erb’s Palsy (Brachial Plexus Injury)
We use a variety of techniques for the treatment of children’s injuries including education, specific strengthening and stretching exercises, therapeutic taping techniques, joint mobilization, soft tissue releasing, electrotherapy (ultrasound, interferential) and bracing.
We will refer appropriately to other services if required including orthopaedic specialists and orthotists.